Sunday, April 11, 2010

Meal Planning

By nature, I am a planner. My life revolves around my iGoogle set up with my calendar and task lists. I get a thrill when I check something off my to-do list. And I get aggravated when something spontaneous comes up that is not on my calendar... well at least not a week in advance.

But when it comes to meal planning, I'm terrible. I'd like to plan more in advance - it would definitely help out with my avoidance of the grocery store. When I've planned for meals in advance it seems like something always comes up and then the food is wasted. And like my grandparents who survived the depression, I do not want to waste food!

Today I planned out a week's worth of food. I'm posting it here to keep me accountable.

Sunday:
- Lunch: pasta salad
- Dinner:Grilled marinated flank steak, corn, green beans
- Pound cake (from the book)

Monday:
- Steak salad with leftover flank steak

Tuesday:
- Stir-fried Chicken with Ketchup (from the book)

Wednesday:
- Garlic Frideo Soup (from the book)

Thursday:
- Pork Roast with Rosemary and new potatoes (from the book)

Friday, Saturday, and Sunday:
We're going on an anniversary weekend get-away to Little Rock, AR!

It was important to make sure we eat at home this week since we will be eating out the coming weekend. Total we spent just over $100 for a week's worth of groceries which isn't too bad. About the price of us eating out twice... which we normally do anyways.

So now the responsibility falls on you, will you keep me accountable to my meal plan and to follow up with posts?

(Also, does anyone know what to do in Little Rock?)

No comments:

Post a Comment