Monday, June 1, 2009

Broiled Skirt Steak page 729

I started reading the beef section last week. As I was flipping through Saturday drinking my coffee I was thinking about making either a flank steak or brisket. I've made brisket several times and its been delicious. So that was how I was leaning. Bryan and I went to the farmers market and found a local vendor selling meat. He sells all his brisket to one of our favorite restaurants, so it was hard to be mad that I couldn't have my first choice. The seller recommended skirt steak and I thought I remembered skirt steak could be substituted in a flank steak recipe.

We brought it home and started the marinade. We weren't sure when we were going to eat it, either Saturday evening or sometime Sunday, but I wanted to go ahead and get it started. We ended up broiling it in the oven Sunday evening. I don't know if it was the meat itself (I've never had skirt steak before) or marinading it for so long, but oh my goodness, that was some of the best meat we've had in a long time. It was so tender and delicious. Definitely one of my new favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment