Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Turkey Curry

Last week I flagged this post by Mark Bittman for turkey leftovers. I am so glad that I did because Bryan and I both really loved it.

I don't think that I've tried a curry recipe before in the past, but it will become a new staple in our house. Prep and cook time was under 20 minutes, maybe even under 15 minutes.

Start by cooking minced garlic and ginger for a few seconds in peanut oil. Then add onions if you are using them. I skipped ahead to adding tomatoes, stock, and cream (I didn't have coconut milk on hand, so I substituted some heavy cream). Once the tomatoes have broken down enough for your picky non-tomato eater, add turkey and spinach. Once the spinach has wilted (about 2 minutes) remove and serve over rice.



This is by far my favorite way I've ever had turkey. I may make it again another night this wek.

1 comment:

  1. This recipe is a variation of the Mixed Vegetables, Indian Style recipe in page 375. Curry is a good way to cut through the strong smell of left over dark meat turkey. I made the Thai version with potatoes, carrots, and a sweet pepper since I have those vegetables in the fridge and some left over coconut milk and red curry (store bought) in the freezer. For the white meat turkey, I toss then with the penne and pesto sauce since I have a lot of pestos in the freezer. Paul.

    ReplyDelete