Friday, January 1, 2010

Basic Bean Soup p. 136

Happy New Year! I have many goals regarding this project for this new year, one of which is to try more things that I don't like. The first of which is beans.

I actually made this dish several weeks ago, but being the bad blogger I've been the past month or so, I'm just now getting around to it.

As far as difficulty goes, this is a very easy dish to prepare. Bryan was coming home late, so I had time to "soak" my beans the day off. Soaking involves covering the beans in water and letting it come to a simmer over the stove, then covering and turning it off. Let it "soak" for as long as you have. I had about an hour to an hour and a half before cooking.

Once you are ready to cook add the following to your pot/pan: stock, onion, carrot, celery, bay leaves, thyme, salt and pepper. Let it simmer for about an hour, until your beans are tender.

I had a bite and it was delicious, but I let Bryan eat the majority of this soup. But overall it was a hearty and delicious soup for very little effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment