Thursday, July 9, 2009

Bearnaise Sauce p. 58-59

Bearnaise. I love it. I realize that I say I love a lot of foods, and I do love a lot of foods. But Bearnaise on top of beef tenderloin is my ultimate favorite meal. Every Christmas my family has beef tenderloin with béarnaise, among other delicious foods, and it is my favorite meal of the whole year. If I had a last meal, it would entail tenderloin and béarnaise. That is how much I love it.

That being said, I was excited to try it homemade. I’ve had the packet and homemade before (I’ve never made it myself) and the packet is the preferred method in my family. But I was willing to give it a shot.



Ingredients: minced shallot, tarragon, salt and pepper, white wine vinegar, egg yolks, 1 stick of butter, and lemon juice.

First mince the shallot, this is my first experience with it first hand and I have to say, I’m now a fan. Mix it with the vinegar, tarragon, and salt and pepper and cook over the stove for a few minutes. Then beat the egg yolks, mix with the vinegar/shallot mixture and whisk for several minutes. Then you will gradually add in the butter.

It took about 15-20 minutes. And turned out delicious. After scooping out the pan for left overs, I licked the spoon. De-lic-ious. Sigh… only five more months til Christmas.


Served with roasted tenderloin, green bean gratin, and corn on the cob.

No comments:

Post a Comment