Monday, July 13, 2009

Fresh Tomato Salsa, p. 23



Ingredients: tomatoes, onion, garlic, jalapenos, cilantro, lime, salt, pepper.

The recipe suggests to finely chop your onions and tomatoes, but I was feeling lazy after an early start to the day, so I just tossed everything in the food processor. It was a little bit of a finer texture, but I don’t mind that in a salsa.

So basically throw everything in the food processor and serve. I didn’t measure the quantity of jalapenos I put in, which is a bad idea since I don’t normally eat or cook with them. The salsa turned out a bit spicer than I normally like, but was delicious. I doubled the recipe and we still have some left over.

1 comment:

  1. I used regular tomatoes and they don't have the sweetness of the roma ones, so I have to add a touch of sugar. I believe that I got the sugar idea from The Joy of Cooking. Paul.

    ReplyDelete