Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fresh Tomatillo Salsa p. 33



Ingredients: chiles, tomatillos, scallions, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper.

I didn’t have chiles, but I did have some jalepeno peppers on hand. That’s the same right? Similar? Okay, whatever, its what I had… which is weird because I’ve never ever had them on hand before. In fact this was my first experience with a fresh pepper. I have to admit I was nervous about it. I’m not a huge fan of jalepeno peppers, but I had them on hand and they seem to be a must with Mexcian cooking.

Basically I’m too lazy to finely chop everything, so I chopped coarsely and popped everything in the food processor to blend.

I also made some fresh salsa at the same time. I didn’t put any peppers in the salsa this time, mainly because I forgot. The tomatillo salsa was more of a hit than the regular tomato salsa. While, my salsa recipe does need tweeking to my specific tastes, this tomatillo recipe is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment