Monday, July 13, 2009

Guacamole, p. 95



Ingredients: avocados, onion, garlic, jalapeno, chili powder, salt, pepper, lime juice, cilantro.

I first chopped the onions, garlic, and jalapenos a few hours before serving and put them in a baggy in the fridge. This made it easy when my guests arrived. All I had to do next was cut the avocados, and mix everything up.



Guacamole is a very easy dish to make from scratch. I won’t eat anything, but the fresh made stuff. Over the years I’ve developed my own recipe which is very similar to this one, just without the onion and garlic and jalapeƱos. (I don’t really like the flavor of jalapenos.) I add tons of cilantro and salt cover it with lime juice. Sometimes I throw in about a tablespoon or so of already made salsa and that seems to round of the flavors. But if you like onions, throw them in, they do add a nice crunch to the guacamole.

No comments:

Post a Comment