Friday, July 10, 2009

Roasted Tenderloin with Herbs p. 735-736

Tenderloins is my favorite meat of all time. As I explained in the Bearnaise Sauce post, it would be my last meal. I won’t get into it further, because I’m sure you’re bored with my love of tenderloin, just know that I worship at tenderloin’s feet. Not really, but close.

A couple of weeks ago we bought several pounds of tenderloin at the local farmers market from a local vender. We used half for the beef kebabs and put the other half in the freezer. Since it was a holiday weekend, I decided that maybe I would have the energy to put together a somewhat elaborate, more fancy-than-your-average meal. The tenderloin spent a day in the fridge thawing and then the afternoon of cooking, I threw the marinade ingredients in the bag: olive oil, balsamic vinegar, parsley, thyme, bay leaf, and garlic. It marinated for a couple of hours.

When its time to cook, rub off the excess marinade and herbs, and roast for about 20 minutes until the meat is around 125 degrees if you want it medium rare, which I and Mark Bittman recommend.


Here is my tenderloin, post marinade, pre roasting.

Serve with some béarnaise and you’ve got yourself the best meal ever… or at least in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment