Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Coffee Cake Muffins p. 833

Confession: before I cooked these delightful muffins I had never baked from scratch…. That I can remember…. Or at least for sure not in my married life. There might have been a time when I was much younger and I helped my mom make cookies from scratch or something. But lets just say this was my first time. Okay?

I woke up early and was feeling domestic one morning. It just felt like the day I was going to make muffins from scratch. What’s a girl to do in such a situation, but make muffins for her sweet hubby?

It was rather easier. Not as easy as measuring just milk and adding it to a mix, but almost. Just add a few more ingredients. This book offers a variety of ways to vary muffins, but I was leaning towards coffee cake this particular morning.



To make, you mix your wet ingredients in one bowl and dry in another. Then mix both after creating a “well” in the dry ingredients. For the coffee cake variation you mix butter, brown sugar, and pecans and mix half of that in with the muffin batter. Once you’ve filled your muffin tin put the remaining coffee cake mixture on top. Viola! Homemade muffins.



Here’s a peak.



And now I’m officially a domestic goddess… not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment