Monday, September 21, 2009

Mashed Cauliflower with Cheese p. 281



Ingredients: cauliflower, cream, butter, cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, nutmeg.

I was planning on making eggplant the other night, but wasn’t able to find a decent eggplant in this city to save my life. So I went with cauliflower. It happened to be the closest and cheapest thing to me when I finally gave up on the eggplant hunt. Bryan was upset when he saw it. I think his actual words were “great, the only thing I hate worse than eggplant.” I made him promise to try just a bite for me. And he did and he loved it. Unfortunately for him, at that point I had tasted it myself and swore that no one was allowed to touch the rest of it but me. The point is, cauliflower can be delicious, just be willing to try a bite.

I boiled the cauliflower til it was done. The rest of the process reminded me of making mac and cheese from the box. Add in the cream, butter, and cheese, also a little salt and pepper and mix and mash. The result was something so deliciously evil that I claimed it all for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment