Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sauteed Mushrooms p. 313-314

Ingredients: olive oil or butter, 1 lb mushrooms, salt, pepper, white wine, garlic, parsley.



I’ve sauteed mushrooms before. I watched my mom do it once and didn’t think you’d really need a recipe. But I had a hankering (does that make me sound too old?) for mushrooms, so I looked up to see what Bittman said. Pretty much what I was doing, although I wouldn’t have had thought to add in wine or garlic towards the end. Basically you cook your mushrooms for 10-15 minutes and then add wine and let it cook off for a minute or so. Then add garlic and parsley and cook for only a minute or so more. I was uncharacteristically out of garlic, so I substituted shallots (they’re almost the same, right?). The mushrooms were delicious and I ate every last bite. Another nutritious, simple side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment