Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Stir Fried Vegetables



Ingredients: oil, garlic, ginger, onion, carrot, celery, snow peas, stock, soy sauce, sesame oil. (No kitty cats were harmed in this recipe)



Heat a large skillet or pan over the stove. First add your smaller stuff like garlic, ginger and onion. Once they are soft add your larger vegetables. Cook until all are tender and then add stock, soy sauce, and sesame oil.

I added chicken to my stir fry. Before any vegetables I cooked my chicken pieces until brown and then tossed with the finished vegetables later.



You could serve your stir fry over the traditional rice, but I decided to make them lettuce wraps and served in large pieces of ice berg lettuce. A fun way to mix up a weeknight meal.

1 comment:

  1. Your vegetables look pretty good. I found that Bittman's cooking time for stir frying vegetables is too long for high heat. I don't know what kind of stove he used, but mine is a gas heated stove like yours. I usually cut his cooking time by several minutes on high heat, or use his cooking time at medium high heat, i.e., sauteing. Paul.

    ReplyDelete