Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fried Okra p. 320

My brother and grandfather have a large garden and my brother brought me some okra they grew. I had to make fried okra, one of my favorite dishes. Since my last frying experience didn’t go so well, I was a bit nervous, especially since I had guests watching me prepare their dinner.



First, chop up a bunch of okra. Soak them in buttermilk, then put them in flour/cornmeal mixture til coated.



Fry in 2” of oil. My first batch wasn’t very good because I didn’t wait for the oil to get hot enough. But the next two batches were delicious. Just like fried okra should be.



My guests and Bryan, who frowned when I told them okra was for dinner, even enjoyed it… or at least they said they did.

Finally a successful frying experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment