Friday, June 19, 2009

Broiled eggplant p. 274

Brief description: Sliced eggplant broiled with olive oil and garlic brushed on.

The only other time I’ve had eggplant is when my grandmother has fried it. Oh my gosh, I’ve only had it once or twice and its been about 10-15 years since the last time, but it lives in my memory as one of the best things I’ve ever eaten. I was nervous and anxious to try it any other way and to have to cook it myself. It looks a little freaky to be honest. Purple on the outside, green on the inside?

But I have to say, this turned out amazing. One of the best things I’ve ever cooked. Although Bryan didn’t like it one little bit. He doesn’t like onion, so what does he know.

The eggplant was so tender, so delicious; it can only be compared to the deliciousness of a filet mignon. Yes, that is a bold claim, but I will stand by my opinion. Oh to have a bite right now! I’m in love. I will never doubt eggplant again.

No comments:

Post a Comment