Thursday, June 25, 2009

Corn Salad with Avocado p. 207

Brief description: Fresh corn kernels browned slightly, tossed with red onion, tomato, avocado, chili powder, lime juice, and cilantro.

I made this dish to go on a picnic dinner, along with the carrot salad. The recipe calls for bell pepper, but I left it out since Bryan doesn’t like it, but I did add tomato and half a red onion to his chagrin.

I browned the corn the night before due to timing issues. I added in the onion and chili powdered, stirred, and left it out to cool before refrigerating. This was really good because it softened the onions some. The day of the picnic, I added the rest of the ingredients, so that they would be fresh.

The dish turned out perfectly and Bryan even said it was good despite the onion and tomato. I fell in love with this dish and will probably make it 3 more times at least throughout the summer, starting today.


(Sorry for the poor quality photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment